The UCC Granary Theatre is now recruiting energetic and friendly Front of House and Bar staff for the 2018/2019 academic year. The key role of the Front of House and Bar team is to deliver consistently high standards in welcoming, hosting, serving and assisting all visitors to the theatre. Customer service is extremely important to us and your contribution will be crucial to the overall experience our audiences have at UCC Granary.
Ideal candidates should be friendly, confident, numerate, a good communicator, with a high standard of customer service and strong interpersonal skills including an initiative in dealing with customer queries. No prior training is required; all staff will receive training in Occupational Health and Safety; fire evacuation; and Manual Handling.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Be proactive in providing theatre patrons and venue visitors with information and assistance whenever and wherever required – working together with all Granary staff to ensure a seamless level of quality service at all times.
- Acting in accordance with all policies set down by University College Cork.
- Maintaining a constant vigilance in respect to security and safety of the UCC Granary theatre’s patrons and property, including checking emergency exits and venues for potential hazards or obstructions. Reporting issues to management as required.
- Acting responsibly and according to procedures in responding to emergency situations such as building evacuations or disturbances. Acting as a fire warden in the event of an evacuation.
Front of House/Bar
- Greeting and assisting customers with any queries.
- Ticket sales and cash handling.
- Supervision of patrons within the venue, including management of latecomers.
- Stewarding audience entry and exit during performances.
- Responding positively to feedback in line with Company policies.
- Opening and closing of the venue.
- Serving of bar products in an efficient and professional manner, in accordance with the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA).
- Ushering and supervision of patrons within the auditorium during performances
- Completion of other duties as requested by the Front of House Manager.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants must currently be attending a University College Cork undergraduate or postgraduate course.
The available positions are a casual part-time role within the UCC Granary Theatre and follows the UCC Student Help rate of pay.
Please email your CV and a cover letter detailing any relevant experience to email@example.com ‘FOH Application’ as the subject heading. Applications close on Friday 24th August at 9am and prospective interviews to be held on Tuesday 28thand Wednesday 29th August.