Granary Theatre are delighted to announce our new season of classes with The Gaiety School of Acting.
This Thursday night, the 11th April, we will be hosting a “Try For Free” Workshop for the “Introduction to Drama” Class. The class runs from 7 o’clock to 8 o’clock.
The course is a practical, enjoyable and confidence building introduction to the craft of acting and improvisation, held one evening per week over ten weeks.
This is our most popular course and is overseen by experienced professionals who will establish a strong and supportive group dynamic from which the key aspects of the craft of acting are explored.
This course is also useful for those who wish to expand their general communication skills.
No previous acting experience is required, just a willingness to participate.
Participants of Introduction to Drama can expect to:
- explore your own creativity in a safe yet exciting environment
- develop friendships that can last a lifetime
- experience a buzz and energy that you will carry into the rest of your week
- you will have fun whilst learning along the way!
- The full course runs on Monday nights from April 15th to July 1st
On Saturday, the 13th April, we will be hosting a “Try for Free” Workshop for the “Acting for Camera” Class. The class runs from 7 o’clock to 8 o’clock.
- develop the ability to realise and deliver credible cinematic performances
- identify the nuances of physical,emotional and intellectual elements necessary for screen
- learn and practice the differences between stage and screen acting
- gain confidence in from of a camera and microphone